AVOCADO TOAST WITH BREAKFAST SCRAMBLE RECIPE
This spin on avocado toast includes a classic Mexican breakfast, papas con huevo (potatoes and egg). Crispy potatoes and fluffy scrambled eggs, piled high on a toasted slice of bread with creamy avocado spread.
- 1 medium russet potato
- 4 large eggs
- 2 medium Avocados From Mexico
- 2 slices of Bimbo® Bread
- Tabasco® sauce
- Garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of oil
- ½ onion (optional)
- Pit and dice avocados. Add to a bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth. Add salt, garlic powder and fresh lime juice to taste.
- Dice potatoes into small cubes. In a skillet, heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Once sizzling, add diced potatoes. Add salt to taste. Stir until potatoes are thoroughly coated in oil. Cook on medium-high.After potatoes are crisp, set heat to low and add garlic powder. Optional: You can also add diced onions. Stir until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Once potatoes are ready, make a well in the middle of the pan and add eggs. Break yolks and stir eggs to combine.
- Before the eggs are completely cooked, mix with potatoes and stir until eggs and potatoes are well combined. If needed, add salt to taste.
- Toast Bimbo® Bread slices and top with Avocados From Mexico spread. Pile high with potato and egg mixture. Add a generous splash of Tabasco® sauce and fresh lime juice.
Recipe by Bicultural Familia at https://biculturalfamilia.com/avocado-toast-breakfast-scramble/