CHORIQUESO GRILLED CHEESE – It’s the perfect easy weekend dish to nurse you back to health. Creamy Oaxaca cheese, crispy chorizo crumbles and classic Campbell’s tomato soup! ?
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Campbell’s® , Lipton, Premium Crackers, Theraflu and TYLENOL®. All opinions are mine alone. #SickDaySolutions #CollectiveBias
Choriqueso Grilled Cheese & Campbell’s Classic Tomato Soup
We finally had our first wave of icy weather here in South Texas and I found myself digging through closets to find last year’s sweaters, hats and gloves for us and the kids. Going out as a family is no fun in this weather and it doesn’t help that I’m paranoid about the kids getting sick.
While unpacking, I started a mental checklist of all the things I need to buy and keep on hand to take care of the babies through flu season. They’re usually pretty good at avoiding flu season, but it never hurts to be prepared. And trust me, nobody wants to spend days or weeks feeling miserable. It’s just not worth the risk….especially with little kids. And with me and hubby sick too? No bueno. The whole house falls apart.
That’s why I’m stewing up a big batch of Campbell’s® Classic Tomato Soup, a trusted favorite that brings the comfort of home to your table. It’s warm, soothing and soul satisfying.
I’m pairing this rich tomato soup with an amazing choriqueso grilled cheese sandwich. Creamy oaxaca cheese and chorizo crumbles, packed between two slices of crispy bread. It’s the perfect accompaniment to one of my favorite soups and a classic combination that your whole family will love.
Classic Tomato Soup with with PREMIUM Crackers
There’s nothing better than a big steamy bowl of soup on a cold day. I like to serve my tomato soup with hearty sandwich and a handful of PREMIUM Soup & Oyster Crackers.
We keep PREMIUM saltine crackers on-hand throughout flu season, because they’re great for settling upset tummies and the oyster crackers are just the right size for little fingers, making them super fun to eat. The kids love them in their soup and hubby and I like to include them as a special garnish in our chili and stews.
Getting Ready for Flu Season
This spin on the classic tomato soup and grilled cheese is the perfect addition to your flu season prep. It’s made with simple, delicious ingredients that will fill you up and keep you nourished as you recover.
And while you’re stocking up on Campbell’s® soups and PREMIUM crackers, don’t forget to grab these great flu remedies to keep you and your babies happy and healthy.
- Calm your cough and clear stuffy noses with Theraflu Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Powders. This soothing, hot drink is exactly what you need to calm your cough and get back to your regular routine.
- Sleep soundly with a steaming cup of Lipton Bedtime Bliss Herbal Supplement, a caffeine free, aromatic mix of Chamomile, Mint and Orange Peels, much like the tea my husband’s abuelo used to make at home.
- Flu season can be the hardest on little ones, so don’t forget to keep a few bottles of Children’s TYLENOL® + Cold Multi-Symptom on-hand to keep your babies comfortable and fever-free. Our kids really love the grape flavor.
Disclosure: Campbell’s® – © 2018 CSC LP Lipton – © 2018 Unilever Theraflu – Read and follow label directions. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use products only as directed. TYLENOL® – ® Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2017. Use products only as directed. The makers of TYLENOL® remind you to use only one medicine with acetaminophen at a time.
Choriqueso Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Yield 2 sandwiches
Choriqueso Grilled Cheese and Campbell's Tomato Soup – Creamy Oaxaca cheese and crumbled chorizo make this soup and sandwich combo a winner.
- 1 can Campbell's® Classic Tomato Soup
- 4 slices of bread (sourdough or light rye)
- 4 ounces oaxaca cheese, coarsely grated (you can also substitute mozzarella)
- 2 ounces of mild beef chorizo, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- Butter or olive oil
- Fresh lime juice
- Salt and garlic powder to taste
- Start by warming your Campbell's® Tomato Soup, following the instructions on the can. Cover. Set aside.
- Next, begin preparing your ingredients: Coarsely grate fresh oaxaca cheese. Mash one large avocado and add a small amount of salt, garlic powder and fresh lime juice to taste.
- Set a pan to medium high and add 2 ounces of chorizo sausage. Stir and break apart with your spatula until the small crumbles are fully cooked. Set aside.
- To assemble: Butter one side of each slice of bread. Set pan to medium heat. Once hot, place two slices of bread, buttered side down, in the pan. Cover each slice with shredded Oaxaca cheese, then chorizo crumbles, then more cheese to top it off.
- Cover the pan and warm on low until the cheese is soft and gooey (using a lid ensures that the cheese will melt before your toast can burn).
- Once your cheese is melted, add mashed avocado spread to the non-buttered side of two bread slices. Remove lid from pan and place slices on top of open face sandwiches, with the buttered side up.
- Hold firmly and flip each sandwich and compress with spatula. Toast thoroughly until both slices of bread are golden brown.
- Cut sandwiches in half and plate alongside soup, garnished with PREMIUM Soup & Oyster Crackers and served with a piping hot mug of soothing Lipton Tea.