Choriqueso Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Yield 2 sandwiches
Choriqueso Grilled Cheese and Campbell's Tomato Soup – Creamy Oaxaca cheese and crumbled chorizo make this soup and sandwich combo a winner.
- 1 can Campbell's® Classic Tomato Soup
- 4 slices of bread (sourdough or light rye)
- 4 ounces oaxaca cheese, coarsely grated (you can also substitute mozzarella)
- 2 ounces of mild beef chorizo, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- Butter or olive oil
- Fresh lime juice
- Salt and garlic powder to taste
- Start by warming your Campbell's® Tomato Soup, following the instructions on the can. Cover. Set aside.
- Next, begin preparing your ingredients: Coarsely grate fresh oaxaca cheese. Mash one large avocado and add a small amount of salt, garlic powder and fresh lime juice to taste.
- Set a pan to medium high and add 2 ounces of chorizo sausage. Stir and break apart with your spatula until the small crumbles are fully cooked. Set aside.
- To assemble: Butter one side of each slice of bread. Set pan to medium heat. Once hot, place two slices of bread, buttered side down, in the pan. Cover each slice with shredded Oaxaca cheese, then chorizo crumbles, then more cheese to top it off.
- Cover the pan and warm on low until the cheese is soft and gooey (using a lid ensures that the cheese will melt before your toast can burn).
- Once your cheese is melted, add mashed avocado spread to the non-buttered side of two bread slices. Remove lid from pan and place slices on top of open face sandwiches, with the buttered side up.
- Hold firmly and flip each sandwich and compress with spatula. Toast thoroughly until both slices of bread are golden brown.
- Cut sandwiches in half and plate alongside soup, garnished with PREMIUM Soup & Oyster Crackers and served with a piping hot mug of soothing Lipton Tea.
Recipe by Bicultural Familia at https://biculturalfamilia.com/choriqueso-grilled-cheese-tomato-soup/